Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ojos Azules




27 July 2005 - Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico

The other day at church, a little girl asked me: "Magi, ¿por qué tienes ojos como los americanos?"

"Why do you have eyes like those of the Americans?"

It took me a moment to understand what she meant. Then it occurred to me that she doesn't see me as an American, a stranger, a foreigner, as someone who comes and then leaves shortly after...but as a Mexican, as one of them, just like her. I know she didn't realize, as she inquired about my blue eyes, just how much her question would mean to me. I thank God every day for bringing me to these people and for making a place for me among them.

Please pray with me that God would continue to prepare a place for me in Tijuana and among the people there!

No comments: