Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Megan in Mexico update: April 2009

Is it SAFE to go to Tijuana?! Read my April update here...

As always, if you're not receiving my monthly updates by email and would like to - please let me know (either by leaving a comment here on my blog or emailing me at rigmeg@bethel.edu) and I'll add you to the list. Also, let me know if you have any questions regarding my upcoming ministry in Mexico!

Thanks for reading,

PS - Since I posted my April update, a few people have already asked me about safety in Mexico in regards to the swine flu. My apologies...I had written my update before this became a concern. I would say that the same things apply in regards to the swine flu as the increased violence: BE WISE and DON'T WORRY. Also, as it will still likely be at least several months before I go to Mexico, the situation with either could be very different by that time. If the swine flu is still an issue when I go, I will of course take the recommended precautions and beyond that, put my trust in God.

1 comment:

Matt Runion said...

well said, Megan. some of the places around the world where conventional wisdom would deem "unsafe" are the very places to which we are called as followers of Jesus. some images come to mind: Jesus' entry into Jerusalem after self-identifying as the Son of God and references to his "kingdom", eating with prostitutes and tax collectors, talking to a halfbreed Samaritan woman and drinking her water...to name a few.

We're praying for Mexico (and for you!).
--Matt