Thursday, July 14, 2011

mi titis y mi tolón


I have the privilege of "borrowing" Gioner (and sometimes his big brother Israel) each Monday evening while their mama is at school and their grandma is at church.  This past week Gioner was in a extra-super good mood (he's normally quite cheerful anyways), so I pulled out the camera...

Titis and Tolón (Israel and Gioner's nicknames) are both so special to me.  They are the sons of some of my closet friends here in Tijuana; I am honored and blessed to be their "auntie."

Titis and Tolón are also sort of my way of marking my time here in TJ...  God started growing Israel is his mama's belly right around the time of my first summer here 8 years ago (see this post), and Gioner just as I moved here 1.5 years ago.  O sea, my relationships with those here in Tijuana commenced just as Israel's life began, just has my life as a long-term resident here started just as Gioner was conceived.  So as I watch these two precious boys grow and marvel at how big they are getting, I also marvel at the length of time that God has allowed me to be a part of this community!


No comments: