Wednesday, September 14, 2011

belated August updates: WCHCMM conference

During the month of August, I was blessed once again to be able to attend the West Coast Healthcare Missions and Minstry Conference in Pasadena, California.  It was a much needed change-of-pace during a month full of children's ministry events!

For me, the four day conference was full of learning, networking and encouraging conversations with fellow medical missionaries.  Oh, and of course the all-important CEUs (continuing education hours)!  Some of my favorite plenaries and workshops included:
My hands-down favorites was the talk and workshop that Dr David Levy gave on forgiveness.  Dr Levy is a neurosurgeon who spent his Sabbatical "traveling throughout South America teaching forgiveness and emotional/physical healing in prisons and orphanages" and who offers to pray with each of his patients.  His stories and message were powerful and I'd highly recommend his book Grey Matter!

While attending the conference, I had the privilege of staying with my friend Annie (also known as Anita, Anita la Huerfanita, Anita la Bruta, etc).  Anita and I met in Tijuana in 2005 when she spent several weeks here as a short-term missionary and ended up sleeping in my bedroom...  So she's from Tennessee, I'm from Minnesota, we met in Tijuana, and now we reunite each year in Pasadena where she lives now!  I was so blessed by the time I was able to spend with Annie... ¡gracias Anita!


If you're willing to help with the expenses incurred to attend this conference (a total of $277.90 is needed), you can donate here to my TRAV & EQUIP fund... thank you!

No comments: