Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rox Sox game!

Jenna, Camille and I went to the Red Sox / Twins game today! Ever since I returned from Guate a Boston fan (thanks to Kristen Chapin...and of course Billy and the gang at Monoloco), Jenna and I have been trying to go to a game when they're here in MN...this is the first time in 5 years that it's actually worked out. Jenna and her family are all Twins fans, being true and loyal Minnesotans and all, but she still was willing to be seen with me at the game...now that is a true friend!

At the Lake Street lightrail station, waiting to board the "ding ding train" (as opposed to a "choo choo train")...Camille was much more excited to watch the trains go by then to actually ride one.

After the game...see the Metrodome in the background? I'll never again watch the Sox there because the new stadium opens next season. As you've probably noticed, Camille was not into looking at the camera today. She was much more interested in people-watching, trying to spot the service dog a few rows down, and putting her sippy cup in and out of the cupholder (not to mention "sharing" it with the guys in front of us).

Camille and I: a post-game self-portrait... You can see that I'm happy because the Red Sox won and Camille, on the other hand, is not so pleased with the performance of her team (or she might have just been really tired since it was an hour past her naptime...but I prefer to go with the first explanation)!

Jenna and Camille, thanks for the great day! KJC, I wish you could have been there too! Go Sox!

3 comments:

Carrie Smith said...

Way to go Sox!! I knew we were kindred spirits, Megan! I'm so glad you got to go to a game!

Cathy said...

Megan, a Boston fan? I can't believe it. And I missed seeing you at the game. How sad!

Magi said...

I know, I know. It's all the fault of my friend Kristen Chapin from Maine...we spent countless hours watching games at what is supposedly the "only Red Sox bar in Central America" when we lived in Guatemala, drinking only one lemonade each and (as the owner would always grumble) "taking up valuble space at the bar..."